Not Your Ordinary Hip Hop Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ZebAFMP (Producer)
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:41 am by Zebulon

» Top 5 rappers lists from a true perspective
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:26 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing Necro
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:40 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing Death Star
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 pm by Zebulon

» DJ Niffty (Disc Jockey)
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 am by Zebulon

» Rasty (Graffiti artist)
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:19 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing DEstructive MOnarch (Demon)
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:36 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing MC Jin
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:17 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing SafarI (Articulate Artists)
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:03 am by Zebulon

Poll
Who is your favourite Scrambles4Money battle MC?
Pava Gunz
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_lcap4%Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Cerebro
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_lcap13%Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Anti-Bullshit
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_lcap13%Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Fudge Dafugitive
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_lcap4%Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Jake Baker
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_lcap8%Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Illite MC
 13% [ 3 ]
Garlic Brown
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_lcap8%Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Fungus
Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_lcap17%Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Demon
 8% [ 2 ]
Maksimuz
 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChuckHorus
Admin
ChuckHorus

Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit Empty
PostZebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit

Today I’m posting an interview which I did with W.A.R Bandit a few days ago. This emcee brings that raw natural fire which is a bit rare these days. If you don’t know who he is, read this interview and be sure to give one of his tracks a listen.

ZEBULON:
Introduce yourself homey, tell the ones out there, who don't know War Bandit Tha Village Idiot, who you are

W.A.R BANDIT:
Simply put W.A.R Bandit is literally one of the voices in Tshepo Chaka's head.. Its that angry voice at the back of my head hence the name W.A.R meaning "Words And Rage"..Bandit is also part of a crew called "Unfamilia Systemz” and part of a 2 man army call "Imaginary Friendz" and is based under Pulse Ink. Production studios.

ZEBULON:
Dope stuff. Any other familiar names in Unfamilia Systemz for the ones who do not know?

W.A.R BANDIT:
Unfamilia Systemz is collective of beat makers and word smiths like Vice Tha 13th,Casper Ceaz Writtenz, Blaq Faith, Incognito, Phax,Woodsmall, Dr.E amongst others.

ZEBULON:
That's impressive, I'm sure most heads out there are familiar with Unfamilia Systemz though. Tell me about your latest projects, as a crew as well as you individually.

W.A.R BANDIT:
Individually I've been trying to finish my first album titled "Anti-Gravity" which I've been working on for the past 2 years or so... As Unfam. We have taken a break to work on solo projects. Blaq is working on his production game, Ceaz is finding his feet in Audio-Visual,Vice is doing the DJ/photography thing... So every one is kinda held up at the moment and taking into consideration how big the crew is. Its kinda hard to get every one back in studio at the same time.

ZEBULON:
Word I understand. We will be waiting on that album... Any features on there? Or is it you alone?

W.A.R BANDIT:
The are quite a number of collabo's actually.. This was done on purpose because my aim was to bridge the so call differences in hip hop.. So I got artists such as MaSeven, Siya Shezi (Deep Soweto), Ntsika (The Soil),Viral (Mental Odessy), Fudge the Fugitive and Illite (both from Revivo) as far as production most of the tape is handled by SpeeKa I also have Red Button, Morse Kode, Blaq Faith, Master and Page.

ZEBULON:
Sounds like a dope project bro. You must inform us when its available, for sure... Tell me more about your track called "Loose Canon"... The music video got 839 views on YouTube so far. What made you do a music video before the album even dropped?

W.A.R BANDIT:
The music video was a spare of the moment thing... I wanted to see what the out come would be if shot a video with no budget and no concept..so Ceaz had time on his hands, DrE and Phax had some time on their hands so we got them to come up to J-sec
and we just started shooting. It turned out better than we expected so we decided to put it out to also build the buzz around the album. But.. Expect some "official" music video as soon as the album drops. Fossil records and Ceaz are putting in work.

ZEBULON:
Yeah man it was a dope video for real... Which three South African artists would you wanna work with in the future given the choice?

W.A.R BANDIT:
I imagine that it would be amazing to put in work with Silaelo Selota on guitar, Sbongile Khumalo on vocals and Thandiswa Mazwi.... With Nyambz on production.

ZEBULON:
Interesting combination there. How do you feel about track topic choices? Do you think it is important to convey a message when rapping or is dropping dope punchlines and metaphors more important?

W.A.R BANDIT:
I think u should be well rounded as a writer.. Much like how u can not just focus on freestyling and studio recordings only. U also have to put as much focus on battling and live performances.... So non is more important than the other... Cover all aspects then u know that u r solid.

ZEBULON:
True that. So have you been battling lately?

W.A.R BANDIT:
I haven't battled in a loooooooong ass time.. Last battle I seriously took part in turned into a lil war..This was a repetitive thing in battles I took part in. I figured. I should take a step back before someone gets seriously burnt.. Plus "Anti-Gravity" took up most of my attention. Plus my view of battles changed as years passed.. Partly from my personal screw ups. .. Eish I can come up with excuses for ever. I just don't look at battles the same anymore. That drive and hunger just disappeared or maybe I'm going through one of my "phases" as Ceaz and SpeeKa put it lmao.

ZEBULON:
Haha or maybe you're getting old... So you're a man for the pen. A writer. What do you do for inspiration and how often do you write?

W.A.R BANDIT:
LMAO... C'maaaan I'm a still kid.. Who knows maybe I just might start battling again just for the fuck of it.. As far as writing goes.. What most people don't know is I don't really like writing. I'll come up with concepts, hooks and shit. But sitting and writing is kinda annoying for me because I'll edit a verse for 2 months till I'm convinced that it sounds like how I want it to sound... Lmao don't get me wrong I love hip hop now.. But I never really got into it for the long run. Hip hop just happened to be around. So at times I still look at things like writing or being in studio or ciphers half heartedly. So I don't write often. I don't even listen to the music I do.. Inspiration is also one of those tricky mother bishis. So I write when I write. I can't force it out. If I do then it will sound forced and that's just fucked up.

ZEBULON:
Yeah true... You don't listen to hip hop. What kind of music DO you listen to then?

W.A.R BANDIT:
I just listen to what ever feels good.. I don't box music because I think that's limiting your self from other beautiful sounds out there. So literally anything goes from classical Mozart to club titi bar music by 2chains right down to dirty all star house Music.
The mood dictates what I listen 2..surprisingly I don't listen to hip hop as much as people think I do.

ZEBULON:
Haha I like your honesty about 2 Chains. I know many people listen to that without admitting it. But its good to listen to all kinds of sounds, it only improves your musicality. Let me hit you with the last question: From your experience, what are the most common mistakes emcees make that needs to be avoided?

W.A.R BANDIT:
Lmao...eish the fucked up part is that this hip hop game has no manual..what might work for one might not work for the other. So most if not all of us are forced to "wing it"... Mistakes are inevitable we all get burnt at some point. Its the journey that makes this fun.

ZEBULON:
Sure man... Well thanks a lot for your time. Really appreciate it!

W.A.R BANDIT:
Nah thank u for reaching out fam.. Peace to you and yours..
Back to top Go down
https://unordinaryhiphopsite.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit :: Comments

No Comment.

Zebulon interviewing W.A.R Bandit

Page 1 of 1