Not Your Ordinary Hip Hop Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ZebAFMP (Producer)
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:41 am by Zebulon

» Top 5 rappers lists from a true perspective
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:26 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing Necro
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:40 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing Death Star
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 pm by Zebulon

» DJ Niffty (Disc Jockey)
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 am by Zebulon

» Rasty (Graffiti artist)
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:19 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing DEstructive MOnarch (Demon)
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:36 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing MC Jin
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:17 am by Zebulon

» Zebulon interviewing SafarI (Articulate Artists)
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:03 am by Zebulon

Poll
Who is your favourite Scrambles4Money battle MC?
Pava Gunz
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap4%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Cerebro
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap13%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Anti-Bullshit
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap13%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Fudge Dafugitive
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap4%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Jake Baker
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap8%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Illite MC
 13% [ 3 ]
Garlic Brown
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap8%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Fungus
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap17%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Demon
 8% [ 2 ]
Maksimuz
 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding

Go down 
3 posters

Is skateboarding part of hip hop?
Yes
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap33%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
No
Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_lcap67%Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Zebulon
Admin
Zebulon

Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding Empty
PostSubject: Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding   Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:44 pm

With skateboarding continuing to take over hip-hop culture as of late, I compiled a few quotes on what established emcees had to say about this.

Ghostface Killah:

"Skateboarding and hip-hop is one and the same. Hip-hop is a way of life. How we walk, dress, talk, how we do things. Y'all say swagger - I'm not using that word because I've been using that shit a long time ago, it's just what it is. When we was break dancing, that was hip-hop. Skateboarding, that's still hip-hop. I had a skateboard, too, when I was younger, you know what I mean. It's still hip-hop. We rode bikes, all that sh*t, it is all together. It's a culture, yo. Whether you skiing or whatever, it's all together."

Lil Wayne: Rolling Eyes

"I've researched, and I know everything about the culture. I know everything about who's who, what's what, who won what, and who's better than who, and who skates for what team, and I'm into it. I'm into it. And you know what, they respect me a whole lot. Everywhere we go, every city or state we go, we have a skate park booked for after the show. I go there, I skate till about sun-up, and seven times outta ten, there's usually a pro there. Or they're usually connected to some pro or on some pro team. And, you know, we take pictures, we skate, we session together. They respect me so much just musically, without skating, period. A guy told me the other day, he was like, "You know what's so crazy is like, a lot of artists say they skate, or a lotta artists say they pick a skateboard. But, you know, for the best to do it, it makes you a person that skates, it refreshes you, to remember why you picked up a skateboard."

50 Cent on Lil Wayne:

"Yeah, yeah, but you know what's interesting, I was just in Las Vegas, I was performing with this thing with Mountain Dew -- I did write the Lil Wayne line on the actual ['Love, Hate, Love'] song but you know, when I got an issue, it's clarity in it," 50 told Angie Martinez. "I never, I don't really do subliminals. [Did I say his name on the song?] No, I didn't. I'm making references to his actions because I see, within hip-hop culture, I'm watching the artists attempting to be like the audience in order to gain the audience instead of just letting them come to us. That's even why the urban apparrel business is going away. They dress like the skateboarders. If you're wearing skinny jeans, that's 'their' culture. That is like clothes the skateboarders would wear. You see what I'm saying? [Maybe he likes to skateboard?] Yeah, I just don't know gangsters from New Orleans that skateboard. It's gonna get interesting. If you look at it, like, I ran into [rapper] Machine Gun Kelly in Las Vegas while I was out there and -- he's really like a part of that culture. I don't have a problem with Weezy."

Tyler The Creator after meeting Tony Hawk:

"I did music and then I got into skateboarding because my friends did," Tyler explained. "This is like around Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 around 2002. As corny as that sounds, that's my sh*t. Then from there on, all my friends skate. Yeah. By the way, Tony Hawk Underground is in my top three games. Ever. ... Whenever people use my skateboarding, songs at their f*cking parks and sh*t, I be stoked as fuck."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/NotYourOrdinaryHipHopSIte
ChuckHorus
Admin
ChuckHorus

Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding   Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:49 pm

I wouldn't mention Lil wayne as a skateboarder, I'd mention Copywrite, Cage and some others the only reason Wayne skates is to market his music amongst the white people that listen to rock, It's the reason he picked up a guitar too and made a terrible rock CD.
Back to top Go down
https://unordinaryhiphopsite.forumotion.com
Zebulon
Admin
Zebulon

PostSubject: Re: Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding   Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:49 pm

I didn't say Lil Wayne is a skater bro. These are quotes I found where rappers talk about skating
Back to top Go down
ChuckHorus
Admin
ChuckHorus

PostSubject: Re: Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding   Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding Lilwaynefall-e1314039198776
this is all I'm going to say
Back to top Go down
https://unordinaryhiphopsite.forumotion.com
Zebulon
Admin
Zebulon

PostSubject: Re: Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding   Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Haha there he fall him in his moer. But all skaters fall bro. If the dude skates then he's a skater lol leave him. Let him rather be a skater than a rapper
Back to top Go down
chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding   Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:40 pm

He tries to skate. But fails
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding   Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's a compilation on what some big hip hop names has to say about skateboarding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Not Your Ordinary Hip Hop Forum :: Debates :: Commercial vs Underground-
Jump to: